Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ode to 2 fine musicians

I would like to spend a few minutes talking about 2 young people that have been part of our tour over the past 13 days. They are James and Hannah.

Hannah is of course Jame's Girlfriend. Hannah has been Head Chorister at Norwich Cathedral and boasts a Gold Level Award from the RCSM Voice for Life Program. Here powerful voices has been a tremendous boost to the 2nd Soprano section and I know that they have been appreciative of her time and talent as I have I.

James Mooney-Dutton. Probably one of the most talented young organists of our time. James has practiced hours in order to make this choir sound as good as they have. I know that the last 30 days Hannah has noted James MIA on most days has he practiced.

Part of my agreement with James to be tour organist was the he must be able to play the Finale to Vierne's First Organ Symphony. This is a piece of music that I have never been successful in learning. To his credit this amazing work was prepared perfectly and will appear as part of our CD.

I took the opportunity to play for the choir on Saturday in Lincoln and immediately put James back on the bench. (Know your own strengths). Windsor Castle was no different. James had 20 minutes to sort out the organ before the choir came into the Chapel and the performance was again perfect.

I know that one day James will be DOM at one of these many fine Cathedral's in the UK and we can say "he was OUR tour organist."

On behalf of the choir James and Hannah. Thank you. You time talent and youth enthusiasm will remain with this choir a lifetime.

No comments: