Sunday, August 19, 2007

And so it is finished....

Chorally speaking today was the best day for the choir. From the opening strains of Communcion at 9:30 through the Howells Coll Reg Te Deum at 11:15 Mattins to evensong tonight at 3:45 The choir was top of their game.

It has taken much longer to get the choir up to speed than I expected. I'm sure it has nothing to do with jet lag and pub visits. Truly, the pressure that I have placed firmly on the shoulders of the choir and the greater pressure that I have put on myself has been immense. Today after a very bad start in rehearsal the choir came out ready to sing and praise God as I know that they can. I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof this morning and I had to take a break because I really felt that I was going to explode. This evening Roshni and Kevin sang the Stanford in G Major Mag and Nunc beautifully. I should also mention others that have sung this week including Mark Matterson and this morning during the Te Deum, Sheena, Sherri, Ginny, Pat, Barb, Mark, Richard, Neil and Dale did a great job on their bits. Emily sang on Thursday night during the Ireland; Greater Love hath no man. All in All today was emotionally charged, it was the final day at Lincoln and it was by a final last great effort from the masses that the music was as wonderful as it was. One of the local ladies came up to us and asked what Cathedral we were from. Another man pulled me aside and said it had been years since he's heard the words to the psalms. Another person commented that we have been the best visiting choir all summer.

All of these accolades all go to the hard work that this choir has put forward. Everyone was choked up as we packed our stuff and moved out of the choir room and vesty. So the keys to the palace have been returned.

Tomorrow, a new city and a new place of worship: St. George's Chapel Windsor Castle.
I'm sure I won't be up tight at all..............................NOT!

So from Lincoln for the last time...
Don

No comments: