Monday, July 9, 2007

33 Days until Departure

The sun is starting to come up outside my window here on the 6th floor in Markham. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be getting up this morning. Bright and ready to go here this morning shortly after 2:00 am. Now I know what you are all thinking; " how could I get a cushy job like that?" Well the answer is easy really, if you are crazy enough to want to work these hours just send along your CV and I'll see what i can do!

The Cathedral continues to go out of their way for us. They have extended unlimited playing time for me (generally unheard of, but maybe they felt I needed more practice after the recital yesterday ;-) ) And of course they continue to be standing by to assist us with our tour preparation. Our thanks to them.

Thanks to Jason for officiating yesterday at Evensong. It was nice to have him along for the adventure. He even recovered nicely during the collects from the starting A to the finishing F.

This week will be busy again. Don't forget we have to pack up and move the choir room contents out tomorrow evening starting at 7:00 pm. We will then need to move it all back sometime after completion of the project. I'll keep you posted on that.

I'm wondering how you are all feeling this morning. Ready to go again today? You all looked pretty tired coming out of that Cathedral last night. I know I was.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Rip G said...

It was a bit of a slog yesterday, but primarily because of the heat and humidity. The voice is standing up remarkably well, but I must admit I had to drop out of a couple of the big shouts at the end of the Nunc and the Ireland. A little work needed in this area yet, I think. All told, it was a good showing. As mentioned, sustaining notes with the required intensity to their full value remains a bit of an issue. Also, there were definitely a couple of weak entries. Decorum was excellent - I only spotted one (nameless!) person flicking through his or her folder before the organ finished. Speaking of folders ... did I see a folder-less copy of the Howells being waved around? Shame on you!

Clare said...

It was lovely to hear our three soloists yesterday - great work all. Dave commented that some people don't know how to walk yet and got messed up at the turn.

chantal said...

Yes....we seem to have an issue (still??) with processing and recessing. I saw a bit of a jumble and people switching places once in the stalls.

But, all in all it was a good service. We had some friends in the congregation and while we were enjoying dinner out afterwards they had nothing but compliments for the choir.