Friday, July 27, 2007

15 Days until Departure

Hard to believe the rehearsals are finished. Now we have to sit on our hands and wait. Do keep up with your personal review of the music. There were a couple of items from last night that need your attention prior to hitting the ground in the UK. (soggy as it may be).

Make sure that all of your music has the dynamics marked clearly so that you know what you are supposed to be doing at any given time. The next time you sing this music will be for all the marbles. Always sing with confidence. Basses you took a step back last night. Let's get the Russian Chorus back for everything we sing. It really makes a difference in the ensemble production.

I'm glad everyone had a chance to listen last night. I hope your liked what you heard. I do.
Let's face it; we are our own worst enemy. We all think this could be better and that's not right. You know that's a good thing! It puts you all in a position to correct the things that you hear and I sometimes miss. That attitude has allowed us to get much better.

I hope you like the tour shirts. I'm pleased that I was able to give them too you well in advance. As soon as the tour books arrive I'll forward them to you as well. I have sent an email to Patrick this morning requesting a response to some questions that I could remember from last night. I'll post them here once I get a response.

Thank you choir. It's just an absolute joy to make music with you and a bigger thrill to be traveling with you to the UK.

Happy Friday.

No comments: