Saturday, July 14, 2007

28 Days until Departure

This morning I received an email from St. James Cathedral. The email was to invite the choir to sing Evensong on Sunday December 9th 2007 and for me to give the twilight recital. There are several reasons why this is special. First, guest choirs have always be slotted into months that have 5 Sundays and it would always be the 5th Sunday. All other services were reserved for the Cathedral Choirs. So why is this significant. Well think about it, you have been invited to sing in the middle of Advent, a festival season. It's a big deal and you all should be very proud of this.
The second reason was that this invitation was completely unsolicited!
I've accepted on your behalf.

So congratulations to you all. We have clearly been acknowledged as worthy. It makes me feel particularly proud and you should feel the same way.

I have to admit though the twilight recital offer came as a bit of a shock. It does give me something to work towards outside our normal choral work. I remain humbled at the invitation which I have also accepted.

And so today, another day ticks by. I've slept 14 hours in the since Friday night. I really needed it. Feel pretty good today and ready to accomplish some things around the estate that I've been putting off.

I wish you all an amazing weekend. Cheers

No comments: