Saturday, July 28, 2007

2 Weeks Today

Good Saturday morning.

If you wish to order additional shirts you have until Monday afternoon to get me your requests to me. Cost per shirt is $40.00.

I took the suitcases out today and started to plan the needs for the trip. Vestments, Music, Binders etc, seem to be taking up an aweful lot of room. Might need a bigger suitcase! I'll keep you posted. OK, fine, I need to be organized but you already knew that.

I''m expecting the balance of the music from music plus in Kitchener this week. I will have Clare be in touch with you to arrange the transition to original scores this week. Please remember that all photocopies of replaced music MUST NOT be taken to England. Double check to make sure your music is in order.

The tour books will be handed out on Thursday August 9th at the service.

We have answered the questions that have been brought forward to this point. If there are outstanding questions please let me know and I'll address them right away.

The excitment begins to build. As I'm typing this morning I'm listening to Herbert Howells. I'm am still in awe that we are performing this amazing music. I'm not sure whether you all fully grasp the magnitude on your achievement here. It really is huge.

My good friend Paul Grimwood wrote to me last night and said:

" I'm sure that your choir will find that all the rehearsing still won't quite be a preparation for singing in these remarable places. The singing won't be the issue, but the whole age of the churches really does something. I admire you very much for doing this with your group. Let's see. Which Canadian cathedrals are joining us? Oh, right. None."

And so you see, we are in a unique position here. We have been successful establishing St. Peters Erindale as a musical force in the province. A new standard in what is possible and what can be achieved with a dream and complete participation from the entire choir with one mind. No we are not perfect, but we are really good. We have miles to go before we sleep and yet to this point the journey has been illuminating, exciting and very emotional.

So when the Bishop comes to speak to Jennifer to rename the parish St. Peters Cathedral, don't be shocked ;-)

Tina had a great time last night at Cagney's with the ladies of the choir. Her sincere thanks for remembering her and sharing your kindness and your appreciation with her.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: