Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Speaking of different parts of the World

Speaking of different parts of the world and growing up with music. Until the age of 13 I grew up singing in an all boys school choir in Srilanka. St. Peters College School taught male students till around grade 12; under a British system. As a choir we had an all island reputation, often singing in national competitions and singing on TV for special events. My voice was a treble back then and today its a sad tenor.

As the day of our departure to England and our journey together with God nears I remember the fun I had as a kid with no cares of the world.

However that impressionable boy grew up and today understands the world is just a bit bigger, not completely better but bigger. Each of you have contributed to giving me an appreciation of what we as a group and as members of a larger community and citizens of this world can achieve if we grow up and work together.

Coming to St. Peters Erindale has been like coming home. And now in less than two weeks I will leave my home with my new family to add to my understanding of the world and how I can contribute to make it a better place; And continue to learn what I need to do so that I do my part in making a glorious sound and music such that the world has never heard. ( ok so can you tell I'm excited... )

Singing with each and everyone of you has been a trip down memory lane, the excitement and passion, the music!


Thank you and God Bless you. And Don, I can't sleep either...

No comments: