Sunday, July 8, 2007

34 Days until Departure

Well it's a big day for me personally. This will mark my first recital (small as it is) at St. James Cathedral in Toronto. It's pretty exciting really. I have be honest it was something that I didn't really want to do but several of my distinguished colleagues suggested that it was a good warm-up for Lincoln. So we will see.

I'm sure that the heat will be nothing like what we will experience in Lincoln but it's a good practice just the same.

Today's evensong also represents the last public performance of this choir prior to England. The music is grand. (Howell's Coll Reg and Ireland's Greater Love hath No Man) along with the first public performance of another set of responses written for the UK Trip. It's all wrapped into one package in one afternoon. No pressure though.

As usual I know that all of my choristers will rise to the ocassion and do themselves and I proud. I never worry about that.

No comments: